Fair Lawn Traffic Lawyer
Do you need an Fair Lawn Traffic Lawyer?
How much does a NJ traffic ticket cost?Traffic violations in NJ can lead to fines that go into thousands of dollars. But when you are considering the cost of your ticket, you must add in more than just the fine itself. Some common NJ traffic violations and related fines include the following:
|DWI/DUI – 1st offense||Up to $1,000|
|Failure to observe a traffic signal||$50-$200|
|Racing on highway||$25-$200|
|Failure to observe a traffic signal||$50-$200|
|Improper passing of a school bus||$100-$250|
|Driving with a suspended license||$500|
|Leaving the scene of an accident||Up to $15,000|
Can I get rid of points on my record?As we have already discussed, traffic charges in NJ never disappear from your record. However, you can earn point deductions under certain conditions. Staying violation and suspension free for one year is one way to have points deducted, and another way is by taking a qualified driving course approved by the state. Additionally, there are remedial programs that will help reduce points, although you must be careful to adhere to the program deadlines to earn the point deductions. A Fair Lawn traffic lawyer understands the different programs that are available and can help advise you on the best course of action to remove points from your record.
Should I hire a Fair Lawn traffic lawyer to defend me?There are a few options for handling a NJ traffic ticket. The most obvious one, of course, is to simply go ahead and pay the associated fine for the violation. This is not always in your best interest, however. Your Fair Lawn traffic lawyer will evaluate your case while considering other factors, such as your prior driving history and extenuating circumstances at the time you were cited. Your Fair Lawn traffic lawyer may be able to get your charges reduced or dismissed altogether.
Why can’t I defend myself?For some lesser traffic offenses, it may seem to be easier to just pay your fine and move on. But for several reasons, hiring a Fair Lawn traffic lawyer to handle your traffic ticket can help you in the long run. Depending on the charge, you may have the option to go online and pay your fine without a court appearance or to appear in court to fight your ticket. However, certain charges — such as DWI or driving over 40 miles above the speed limit — cannot be resolved without a court appearance, even if you want to plead guilty. In these more serious cases, it would be better to hire a Fair Lawn traffic lawyer “sooner” rather than “later.” That way your lawyer can walk you through the process and immediately begin efforts to reach a plea bargain or have your charges dropped. When trying to decide whether you should defend your traffic ticket yourself or hire a Fair Lawn traffic lawyer, one question that should be asked is, “Do I know how to present my case?” Traffic court is a busy place, with a full schedule. That means as a defendant you only have a brief window of time to present your case. Unless you are accustomed to the court system, this process can be overwhelming, especially if it is your first time in traffic court. A Fair Lawn traffic lawyer has the expertise to present your case concisely, addressing the pertinent facts that the prosecutor will need to make a decision. Whether a court appearance is mandatory or not, your Fair Lawn traffic lawyer can provide you a few other advantages:
- It can save you time. If your traffic violation has a mandatory court appearance or if you have chosen to fight your ticket, prepare to spend a lot of time in a NJ municipal court, possibly hours. However, by having a Fair Lawn traffic lawyer, you stand a better chance of having your case heard more quickly. Most courts tend to move up cases in which a defendant has legal representation.
- You have someone who understands the system. Your Fair Lawn traffic lawyer is familiar with NJ’s municipal courts — and the courts are familiar with your attorney. This understanding of the court processes and the penalties for various NJ traffic offenses gives your attorney an added advantage in fighting your offense.
- Your Fair Lawn traffic lawyer will be with you throughout the process. Your lawyer will first try to get your charges dropped or reduced, but if the plea bargain is unsatisfactory to you, your Fair Lawn traffic lawyer will also be able to represent you before a judge if your case goes to trial.
- Your Fair Lawn traffic lawyer may be able to appear in court for you. Depending on the charges you are facing, if you wish to fight your ticket but do not have the time to take from your hectic schedule for a court appearance, your Fair Lawn traffic lawyer may be able to appear on your behalf, effectively protecting your driving record while saving you from having to change your schedule. In these cases, a hardship affidavit could be filed on your behalf by your Fair Lawn traffic lawyer, which will allow your attorney to enter the plea and argue the case without you being present.
What if I do not pay my traffic ticket and fail to show up for court?If you do not pay your fine and do not show up for court, a judge may issue a bench warrant for your arrest. Then, you could be held in jail until your court appearance, and you could be sentenced to jail time and more fines. Even if you avoid arrest or jail time, there are other consequences for failure to resolve your traffic tickets, including not being able to get your license renewed or having your license suspended.
Are Fair Lawn traffic lawyers expensive?There is no “cookie-cutter” answer for how much an attorney will cost. The price will vary based on several factors, such as how old the ticket is, what prior offenses you have, and what the circumstances are surrounding your traffic violations. After giving your Fair Lawn traffic lawyer the details of your case, you will have a clearer picture of how much cost is involved. An alternative question to how much a Fair Lawn traffic lawyer charges could be, “Can I afford not to have an attorney?” You are fighting to keep points off your driver’s license, to keep your auto insurance rates down, and to keep your driving record clean. In the long run, the fines and surcharges, as well as the time you spend out of work while fighting your ticket, could cost you more than you would have paid by hiring a Fair Lawn traffic lawyer at the very beginning of your case.
How do I choose the best Fair Lawn traffic lawyer?Choosing the attorney to represent you is the most important decision you can make when it comes to protecting your driving record — and your wallet! So how do you know which Fair Lawn traffic lawyer is the right one for you? You’ve heard the saying that first impressions matter. This is especially true when you are looking for the right Fair Lawn traffic lawyer to represent you. So how do you determine if the attorney you are talking with is the best one to handle your case? Go with that first impression! When you speak with a potential attorney, do you feel that they are truly listening to you? Or do they act as if you are wasting their time? Are they talking with you and asking you specifics about your situation? Or do they just seem to breeze past your explanations? Your first impression matters, because the Fair Lawn traffic lawyer is there to represent you. You should be comfortable with your decision regarding which attorney will handle your case, so here are a few questions to ask:
- How many traffic cases have you handled like mine?
- How often do you get charges dropped or reduced?
- How long have you worked with the court system in Fair Lawn?
- What are your fees?
- What information do you need from me?
You don’t have to face this aloneHandling a traffic ticket can interfere with your work or family schedule. It can impact your driving record and increase your auto insurance rates. In some situations, it can lead to jail time and high fines, fees, and surcharges. Do not underestimate the impact an unresolved traffic ticket can have on your driving record or on your peace of mind. Let your Fair Lawn traffic lawyer fight for you.
NJ Traffic Lawyers
Your NJ traffic lawyers will understand the law, the charges you face, and the court process. Because he is familiar with the NJ traffic court system, he can offer the confidence and professionalism you need, when and how you need it most.
- Old Tappan
- Palisades Park
- Park Ridge
- Ridgefield Park
- River Edge
- River Vale
- Rochelle Park
- Saddle Brook
- Saddle River
- South Hackensack
- Upper Saddle River
- Washington Township
- Woodcliff Lake